Played the mobile version years ago, excited to check it out on PC :)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Undervault is a roguelike dungeon crawler with board games influence, in which you have the ability to control level generation. Game level contains rooms of different types including kitchen, bedroom, treasury, and so-called unknown room, which you can transform into your desired room type. The goal of the game is to escape from the dungeon.
- High difficulty (you will die a lot), but every playthrough is different
- Survive. You need to take care of hunger and fatigue
- A turn-based battle system with aiming, items, skills, character statuses, and enemy AI
- Skills tree with the ability to focus on different play styles (fighting, stealth, room generation)
- Mining. Dig new rooms or connections between existing rooms
- Trading. Each trader in the game has its unique list of items and prices
- Daily challenge. Compete with other players for the best score
- Character leveling system. Improve certain characteristics on each level
- Different room connection types - door, ladder, hole (move only downward), locked door (pull a lever to unlock)
- Backpack system. You can take only a limited amount of items to the next dungeon level
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||2D, Dungeon Crawler, Perma Death, Pixel Art, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Roguelite, Side Scroller, Singleplayer, Turn-based|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian|
|Inputs||Mouse, Touchscreen, Smartphone|
|Links||Steam, Twitter, Homepage|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Also available on
- Undervault is available on iOSSep 13, 2019
- Undervault 1.3 - Balancing, UI improvements, TrailerAug 10, 2019
- Upcoming patch for UndervaultJun 24, 2019
- Undervault is FREE! Crowdfunding campaign launchJun 20, 2019
- Ludopolis ("Undervault HD") announcementJun 17, 2019
- Undervault 1.2Jun 26, 2018
- Undervault 0.8Dec 05, 2017
- Undervault 0.7 (Google Play release)Nov 14, 2017
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
it is very cool I luv it
fun game i like it
This game is super fun! My only complaint is that I don't think rings and bags should have durability
The game is very good, but the Portuguese version contains so much exaggeration of jokes that it kills part of the experience.
Not that the jokes aren't good, but there are a lot of them, and some are pretty meaningless.
such a fun game!! i easily spent 2 hours playing the first time i touched it, and it has a linux release!!!! love it!! so so fun & so so hard! super rad game!
This game is so cruel! And also beautiful... it's very hard to stay alive and in this sense it's quite different from other rp games where you can take your time to check every place and eventually kill every enemy.
I found some choices very difficult and sometimes it's just a matter of mere luck. I loved the guitar weapon.
Too much rng!
i got a black screen when making a new game
Please, make win32 version of your game
This was very fun! I enjoyed the art style and the music in the game and found it very challenging to play but still enjoyable :D
I don't know if you've heard of Game Development World Championship before (gdwc2019) but it's a competition for indie game developers where they can submit their games and it's free! It's great if you want some more visibility for the game and it only takes a couple of minutes to join :)
Glad you liked the game. And thanks for the invitation. Unfortunately, I can't participate with Undervault because it was originally released before 2019, but I already submitted my other game - The Farlanders.
My review of this game:
This game is fun. Like all games, when you first get into it, it's very hard, but as you traverse more rooms, you figure out the game more and more. However, it's still very hard. I found it extremely challenging to balance health and hunger. Weapon durability ran out very slow, and I would find weapons every so often, so I wasn't in trouble of fighting without a weapon. The "room randomization" mechanic was very well implemented and didn't feel tacked on. My favorite part about the room randomization is how you can influence it. I felt myself crossing my fingers, hoping for the spinner to land on the room I chose. The battle system also felt very fair, and I won every battle (Although maybe that's because I used all my skill points on strength). And finally, I never really got far in the skill point part, as I died on floor 4 or 5, but I thought it was pretty good. In all, I give this game a 10/10. Absolutely great work! Keep it up!
how do you start the game? i couldn't figure out how
Just click on 'New game'. If you have problems playing it in browser you can download a standalone version in the download section of the page.
Who translated it to portuguese?